Friday, April 13, 2018

Life in the Jungle ...

It's kill or be killed...basically. LOL
With five cats there is something on the patio for me just about every morning.
This morning I fed the outdoor kittens and they all seemed happy ... then Mamacita walked behind my chair and proceed to finished munching the mouse I had not seen that she had started on prior to me feeding them. Lovely!
Then...all relaxing again and suddenly Diabilito walks across the grass with a baby iguana in his mouth. I thought it was dead so I let nature take its course. Next thing I know he is in the flower bed chasing something .. the baby iguana had been playing possum and as soon as he put it down that baby took off like a bat outta hell. Man was Diabilito vexed! LOL.  Iguana 1 / Cat 0
Serial Killer ... or not....
This morning I sat and watched a big storm roll in ...thunder clapping and all. Of course the power went out so we had to start the generator. We run it for a few hours on and then a few off. Tonight we still have no power so we are running it for three hours and then we will turn it off over night and hopefully they will get the power back on again before the morning. We are noticing a significant increase in the number of bugs flying around. Probably due to the heavy rain this morning. I don't like flying bugs...just saying'

So since we had to stay around the house today to monitor the power etc I watched some videos on bird photography and walked around the area and got some nice evening pictures. Getting a bit better and starting to understand the camera settings.
Here are some of my fave from today







Yesterday evening we went down to see David and buy some fish from him. Im not sure what type of fish it was but it was delicious. Sort of like snapper. We had it for dinner this evening.

Lets hope the power is back on tomorrow so we can go on the adventure we have planned. But there is always another day too.

Thanks for dropping in!

Sue and her killer cats.

3 comments:

  1. Your photographs are amazing!! I'm glad the gecko got to live another day! I am loving reading about your adventures. Please ask the fisherman if you could take his photo...I have a feeling that we will be hearing about him often! Hugs to you and I hope the power is on soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie, the fisherman is a character. I will ask him. we are going for dinner next weekend when his girlfriend is in town. :-) He has some awesome stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shots of the birds! Gorgeous one of the orange flowers! Don't know how you manage with the flying bugs! I wouldn't want to go outside lol Glad the baby iguana survived!

    ReplyDelete