Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Just a quick post before bed

Yesterday we took the truck and headed into Tonosí for some groceries and to see what veggies and fruit we might find. It's very limited there.

On the way we passed the living fences I had mentioned previously. This is what they look like with their new growth. Isn't this clever?

Living Fences
There are not very many restaurants here (basically none) that offer anything other than the local rice and chicken, rice and fish and rice and beans. I just thought for fun I'd check which one Trip Advisor would recommend..and lo and behold there was a little "health" restaurant listed. So for breakfast we headed there to try it out. What a little gem! The owners are a young couple, he is from Berlin and she is a local girl. They have two little babies and they started the restaurant about 6 months ago. It was SO good.

We went in and order the Passionfruit juice, lattes and the breakfast eggs. (I am going to have to find the name of the dish when I go back, I forgot to take a note of it)
 Here is what we dined on.. for $13.80US

Latte with Sugar Cane reduction syrup ... amazing!!!

 The eggs are on a base of tomato and peppers and onions and some spices. Potatoes on the side.
Our lovely breakfast
As we left we noticed some left over festival floats in the field opposite. I so wish we had been there for this! I think it was Shrove Tuesday?

Isn't it magnificent!
We quickly did a bit of groceries, not a great selection but picked up a cabbage for some slaw and some tomatoes and bananas. We will survive! :-) Unfortunately we are out of regular milk so Rich has to switch to the shelf life milk until our next trip to Chitré! I am happy with my soy milk!

Today was much less eventful than yesterday with regard to critters. No life and death games in the morning at all!

This morning the ever present wind had died down quite a bit and so we had lots of hummingbirds in the garden. I managed to capture one of the female Garden Emerald at a flower and it was not too bad.

Garden Emerald - Female
I also managed to catch a shot of this Sapphire Throated Hummingbird too. I hope to get a better image soon. isn't he beautiful though?

Male Sapphire Throated Hummingbird

This afternoon we went to the village to visit one of Marcy and Ray's friends. What a character! An expat British guy who has led an amazingly interesting life that included royalty and heads of states...even Kadaffi! I love meeting people who have lived life like that! Always fun to hear their stories. Now he lives in the village and raises iguanas and does some fishing. You just have to say YES to life and you never know where you could end up!  I am sure we will hear more of his stories over the next little while.

(As I am writing this I am hearing weird sounds outside..... Richard is asleep ... argh!)

Time to go to bed. Tomorrow we are heading west along the coast to what is supposed to be an amazing beach and coastline. I'll bring my bags for beach garbage pick up! Doing my little bit for the oceans!

Thanks for dropping in! If you have any questions about anything ask in the comments and I'll find an answer! (I love comments..just sayin')😀
Sue and her sidekick

Average temps today 34℃/23℃ ☀ 91℉/74℉



2 comments: