Monday, April 9, 2018

A couple of calm days ...

We have enjoyed a nice quiet weekend with not too many tragedies on the patio!

So when we first arrived and went around the property with Marcy and Ray we also went to a beach at the other side. Its so beautiful but the area where we came onto the beach seemed to be a catch all for ocean debris. I knew we would go back and pick up the garbage and take it to the dump. Yesterday we went there.

Within about 5 minutes we picked up all this.
5 minute beach pick up
There were water bottles, flip flops, a high heeled shoe .. oil bottles, toothbrush, bucket bits,  and bits... Bits of plastic that when I went to pick them up they dissolved in my hand into tiny pieces...just at the stage that they become a real danger to the environment. It made me very sad.
We loaded it all up and this morning took it to the dump. The only choice here is .. the ocean or the dump. I chose the dump. :-(

Picked up some big containers too
This morning we went to the dump on our way to Chitré for grocery shopping and a couple of errands.

I did add another bird to my photo collection ... black headed vulture 😏
The dump made me sad. The only thing I am having a hard time with here is the lack of recycling. EVERYTHING goes to the dump. I cannot dwell on it too much or it is overwhelming. One thing that I did see there was very shocking ... red garbage bags with bio hazard signs on them ... Im presuming just discarded hospital garb and nothing "serious". I think when I get home I have to write a letter to the Emilio Semipros the Minister of the Environment here. Surely there are plans in the works to change things? One can hope.

We had a great drive to Chitré using the Waze app on our iPhone. (Everyone uses it here) Marcy told us about it and downloaded it for us and added all the destinations we might need under "favourites" so driving would be easier here.

We stopped to get gas in Tonosí and while at the gas station asked the guy how to get to the road to Chitré using the mountain route. He pointed and said go over three bridges and take the next left. That was not what Waze had entered but we knew that we had come the way he indicated with Ray on day 1 so took his advise and it worked. We arrived into Chitré and the first stop was the UPS store to pick up a package for Marcy that had arrived. I was hoping it was a huge lens for her camera but it was just a small little box so I didn't rip it open LOL

Driving in the towns is different, no indicators and you just move in to get ahead and always be prepared that the person on the corner will pull out in front of you.

Next stop was the electronics store. Last night when I tried to upload my new pictures...the gadget I use didn't work. I was freaking. But Marcy to the rescue again from half way around the world. Contacted her local friends to find out where I might find one. They suggest the Auvimax the electronics store. The guy at the UPS store put it into Waze for us and Bingo..we are back in business and all for the cost of about $6! SCORE!
The blog will continue.

We then had lunch at the same hotel we had had breakfast with Ray on day 1...and it was right beside the grocery store. Had an amazing lunch. Richard had a Clubhouse SandWISH (thats how it was written in the menu..and it was HUGE..Ray you should order this next time), and I had a quinoa  salad that was really amazing.
YUMMY! That sauce on the side was SPICYYYYYY!
So, all the groceries were done, time to head home. We input BĂșcaro into Waze and headed off. Suddenly it said to turn right...but we were pretty sure we had come straight into town ..but we decided that we should see where the road less travelled would take us.

It was a less well paved road shall we say. Thank goodness the truck is a comfortable ride. At one point it was a gravel road! But we passed through so many pretty little villages and towns. Because of the roads it took a bit longer to get home but eventually we did. Unloaded the truck and put all the groceries away. Richard told me there was a big grasshopper bug on the lounge chair on the patio so I pulled out my macro lens. Isn't he cute?
Hey there cutie!
Richard shooed him away then so the predators (aka Kitties) did not get him for dinner. I need to use my Macro more. Its not quite as sharp as it should be.

One more humming bird shot for you ...
Sapphire throated Hummingbird
I also took this picture of the cutest little spider sitting on the table....
Why so sad looking little guy?
Today Marcy said it is a jumping spider ... ARGH!!! LOL

Time for a drink, It's been a really long day! But always an adventure! Oh we bought balls for the cats..they are batting them around the room now LOL

Thanks for visiting!!

Sue and her side kick.


3 comments:

  1. WOW. What an adventure. So happy you are enjoying the jungle. Thanks for sharing...😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stories, Sue. Thank you for bringing us along with you.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumping spiders??!! Gawd! Glad I'm here and not there! lol So sad about all that plastic! Great job picking up what you can. Love your macro shots! And that lunch...YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete