Thursday, May 3, 2018

Its not always snakes and monkeys!



So we are lucky enough to be here during butterfly season apparently, each day there are at least five different ones hopping around the humming bird shrubs ...the hummers even try to chase them off! LOL

Here are some of the ones I was able to catch..they are very flighty and move so fast, unlike me, so this was the best I could get. I was however thrilled with the one I got yesterday... that will be the last butterfly picture below.

These were the first ones to make an appearance, beautiful burnt orange colours

This light yellow was very dainty. Could not get a good picture of the more vibrant yellow ones. Still trying!

Honestly, this looks like a moth to me? what do you think?

This was a smaller brown coloured one with swallow tail wings, another speedy one

A very pretty dark black one with yellow trim

This is my pride and joy ... slower moving and HUGE! I took loads of pictures and this was my favourite one!
 I spend the rest of the afternoon  keeping Killer Mocha away from it.! CATS!!

Had to add this beautiful guy .. another one that Mocha fancied!
Hope you enjoy the bug section!

Bugs are hard to take photos of, especially flittering butterflies, especially the ones that food their wings when they stop to feed...sigh

Sue and Her Sidekick

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the third photo is a moth, I think it is some kind of skipper .

    ReplyDelete